View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:31 PM

Re: Intake option that would work for both NA and FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post

I wasn't comparing them as two equal hp investments they are two similar cost investments. I am trying to only do things to the vehicle that I wont have to do over 5 times with every different mod I add.

While I can certainly agree with that, my point is that if you would decide to put on an intake, you would never have trouble selling it. You'd probably be able to get almost what you paid for it in the first place. So, some things are not necessarily bad to use and then get rid of, because they do (in a sense) pay for themselves anyway.

Imagine anyone with say, a Honda civic. Imagine they have a cold air intake, and then decide to put on a turbo kit. Do you imagine they would just consider the intake a loss when they want to go turbo? By no means! They would sell it just the same, and help recoup most of the money they spent on it in the first place.

So all I'm saying is if you want extra power for now, go for it, because it's not going to hurt anything down the road. However, I can also see the $$ argument for a "temporary" power part. For me, I didn't really give it that much thought since I just made my own anyway, although I realize that is not an option for many people.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!