View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 AM

Re: '96 SVX L AWD - Des Moines Iowa

Car sold, price was further reduced and was very fair, and the buyer has a friend who can do all the body work for him. I think he plans to get it into great shape. Even if he ends up putting some work into it, he got a great deal and I am happy it has found a good home. There is no question the car was not in perfect shape and the sale price reflected that- but it has always been reliable and my hope is that it will continue to be a good reliable car for many more thousands of miles. Apparently the car had some of these issues when we bought it (timing belt cover lower bolts missing?) Anyway, I am glad someone will be driving it again!

It was amazing to see the picture Bwana had posted compared to the pictures now- we owned the car for 2 years, I drove it for 6 months, then it went to my daughter who drove it to and from her classes in college in another town. It didnt see a garage during these past 2 years, just sat outside in the parking lot next to her apartment. Amazing how fast rust can start and spread. I am glad someone is going to have that taken care of before it gets worse.
Thanks again to all of you for your interest!

Last edited by Bailey; 04-30-2009 at 05:36 AM.