View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: EGR What is it? How hard to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I've been wondering about this code. The check engine light has not been on for at least 3 weeks, and the car is running fine, great in fact. I am going to try to reset the code again, I only had the battery unplugged for a short time, maybe even less than a minute. Anyhow as long as it continues to run well I am going to ignore it. It's inspection is due in May, and I am going to take it to them early just in case it fails. The garage said the EGR wouldn't fail the car since it was older than a 1995, but who knows, it may need something else, and if it needs work I want a SVX mechanic to do it.

Each computer holds some power past when it is unplugged so the 10 minutes was just to get everything to reset back to factory. I had a Xt6 that needed nearly 20 minutes until the seat belt computer would reset. You can always try running some fuel system cleaner through the car if it comes back. Like I said they rarely fail on their own but can throw a code or two every so often if something wasn't right in the fuel or intake system. Dove's has a good reputation up your way and CVM build me the best stock rebuilt SVX tranny on the planet 50k or so ago. Granted they also charge insane amounts and I haven't been there in 5 years or so now.