View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Never Forget

Registered SVX
Angry low beams not wrkin!!! AGHHHH!! HELP PLZ!!

never had problems with my cars lights till today

due to the rain i used my headlights like usual to and from town. i stop at my friends house and as i leave his house i start my car and turn my headlights on. (it was dusk). all is normal till the battery light, tail light out , and brake light on the dash stayed on. i put the car in drive and took the e-brake off to see what happens and the car seemed to drive fine with the exception of the dashh lights (and headlights probably not on with the switch on)

after driving a little way and came to a stop, the lights faded away...then i stepped on the gas and they came back! not only does steppin on the gas make those 3 lights go on, all the interior lights get brighter as well.

the hi-beams work and so does the dimmer but the low beams dont. is it the switch and short?

i checked the fuses and all are good.

2 possibles causes are:

i left my windows craked open a about 2-3inches and it rained (dont think much rain got it cause when i got in, it was pretty dry)

and the other is i put a tranny temp gauge in and tied the gauges light wire to the parkin light button, the needles power to the stereos on wire to the stereo, and the dimmer to the dimmer that leads to the stereo

any help or hints would be appricated....i need the low beams to wrk so i can get to werk on monday!