View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Registered SVX
Re: fans not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouspork View Post
Ok, guys.

If it was the t-stat, the temp would go up no matter what.
Instead, it would go up only when I got stuck in traffic for about 5-10 minutes.This is when I noticed the fans would not start.So I checked the stupid fuses everyone seems to think were the problem.They were fine.So I checked to see if any of the relays were corroded,and they were not.
Next step was to verify if any kind of voltage was going to the fusebox.there was none. That's it.
All the guy did was to supply power to the fuse box by using a 12v circuit from the same source used for the radio (as far as I know).
\

The temperature sensor is not the "t-stat".

If there was no voltage supplied to, the fuse box, why were all the items supplied via that box, not out action?

If the radio circuit was in fact used to supply a fuse box, surely the associated fuse would be likely to open at some point, due to an overload.

A visual check for corrosion, will not verify that a relay is working correctly. This could well be likely cause of the problem, which has now been bypassed.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 04-06-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Addition of point.