View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Re: JDM Power switch pic or explaination plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
Easy: They use a resistor network. Here's how Subaru did it on the 2005 Legacy/Outback:
Here are the resistance values in a 2008 Impreza:
Code:
  22 Ω  - Mute
  90 Ω  - Volume up
 200 Ω  - Volume down
 360 Ω  - Mode
 690 Ω  - Seek up
1.15k Ω - Seek down

4.7k Ω  - Nothing pressed
(from Added Steering Wheel Controls & Tweeters to base model 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX on mp3car.com)

On the SVX, one side is probably tied to ground at the steering wheel.

I'd really like to find out what the values are for the JDM SVX wheel. Anyone out there with one who can measure them? (you can do it at the radio harness rather than having to remove the wheel)

On newer Subarus (and other cars) the buttons are now where your thumbs can hit them, even when you're in a slight turn.

On the JDM SVX, do the Seek and AM/FM buttons do anything while you're listening to a tape or CD?

It just occurred to me — does that mean the JDM radio has up/down buttons for volume (instead of a rheostat knob like on the radios in SVXs without that steering wheel)?
no, the knob is still there on the radio. from the pics i've seen they are identical
aside from the useless JDM radio range
im stuck listening to some christian rock station because the only place they overlap is like 88-89 fm

and btw it was me who sent you that email. i'd be happy to help with this measuring, if you describe the necessary procedure in detail. im not all that electrically inclined (yet)

as for the extra wire that would be thrown into the harness (as per your description), it would have to be wired into the external 'addon' to the aftermarket headunit, correct? which would inturn be plugged back into the deck via its own proprietary connection or w/e
and then programmed from there