Thread: Strange problem
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:00 PM

Strange problem

3 weeks ago my wife filled the 94 svx with mid-grade with ethanol. Not sure if it has anything to do with the problem, but temporal related. Since that time car started to just die while driving. Would happen intermitantly during city driving. Car would always start right back up and drive fine. Started happening more often, then car quit at 70 mph on the interstate. All the dashboard lights come on, car starts right back up, might die again then starts and drives. It did lose power twice on the interstate but then kicks back in before it dies all together. My local shop I trust had the car for two days. Said no codes in the computer. They could get it to do the same thing but could not isolate the problem. Fuel pump checked out ok, all sensors, ignition switch and relays were ok. They think an electrical problem with an exposed wire or ground, but said they couldn't isolate unless the car died all together.

I had them change the cam shaft sensor. Still happening, but less frequently. Today I changed the fuel filter, cleaned the MAF sensor, changed the air filter and filled the car back up with premium and added some lucas gas additive.

Car still acting up but much less frequently. Any thoughts? At this point I am getting a lot of pressure from the wife to get rid of the car.

Thanks