View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: The Road to Lincoln, NE - Chiketkd's official 2009 Autocross Blog (B-stock RX-8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
please don't get Ben started on PAX times...
-Bill
Ha ha. I know PAX doesn't hold water for many people, but they do have some use. The main thing with PAX, is that the course has to "national quality". DC events tend to have these qualities and I strive to do the same in my course designs. They are some courses on "postage stamp" lots that blantanly favor small cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX View Post
How are you doing, Chike?
How is your RX-8 holding up after 2yrs(?) of AutoX abuse?
Shawn's driving looks smoother to me in that particular GA event.
Do you think the RX-8 can be competitive in times with the
STI of the event at VA?
I can hear your let-go of your breath at the end of
the run in the STI!
Wish you have fun and do good in this season!
Later!
Hi Ken. The car is doing well and running like a champ. I'm having the dealership check out the low power issue. Hoping its just a clogged cat or stuck secondary shutter valve - but we'll see. Shawn's driving definitely tends to be smoother than mine, but that's why I co-drive with a more experienced driver who's faster than me - I want to be pushed, I want to go faster!

Ha ha. I think I forgot to breath on in the later half of my run in the STI - it was just that exhilerating. I want one now - my next car will be an '06/'07 STI! If I ran my RX-8 that day I'm sure it would have done just fine out there. Martin and I are normally very close in PAX, but the Verona lot has some gravel in a few areas - awd cars definitely have an advantage.

I've now had 3 top 2 PAX's with the BRR. I want my darn FTP!!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)