View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Re: Transmission Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
First make sure that it's not just a broken axle.
Hey that makes a lot of sense. I actually did go check that to make sure and didnt find them to be broken, but i did notice something. when we jacked it up and put in the fuse for fwd only and put it into drive, it did nothing. (there is an empty slot to put a fuse in to make car front wheel driveo nly to service the car)the front tires wont spin and the tranny does not even make a grinding noise at alll. you can still spin the front tires by hand when it is in drive and makes no noise at all. The weird thing is when the fwd fuse is not in so its awd like it should be the car will slip when you hit the gas then the rear end will kick in. (then the car moves until rpms drop a little, which then makes it slip again then it kicks in the rear)It mihgt be something simple...maybe a vacuum hose or something in the front...like front diff in trans. i can manage to drive the vehicle but i choose not to. Maybe you can help me. I must be totally honest though i did something really stupid. the whole reason this happened was because we were doing some service on it and i forgot to pull the fwd fuse back out that makes it front wheel drive and when i pulled out of the garage i took off really hard. I made it about five-ten feet with front tires spinning then she just stopped moving. like i was in nuetral....I'm such and idiot. so i realized what i did when the tires where spinning and took fuse back out and now just the rear end works...if you need any more info on it just let me know....I cannot stand driving any other vehicle other than my or an svx for that matter! thanks you