View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

Re: HELP! 430 miles from home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Thanks Keith! Well i put the battery in, the codes had cleared on their own while the battery was in here, still wont start. The starter seems like it is laboring to start the car, so I have determined that a pulley may have frozen somewhere along the timing belt. I hope its not my new waterpump!! The back of the belt appears to have some light friction marks, and the wierd thing is that when the waterpump seized before... the car would still start up, but just make screeching noises and smoke from the timing belt....

So perhaps one of the smooth idlers can cause more drag when it seizes...or one of the gear idlers?? The timing belt is turning I have verified that, and I noticed gasoline dripping from the exhaust pipe under the car... meaning its getting fuel injected into the cylinders. Im stumped, I just hope to not have to yank apart the timing stuff again since im all the way out here and dont have a garage or all my tools The repeated cranking of the engine did not throw any codes so far.

Once again the car just stalled initially going around a left turn, and in the morning when I first try cranking, it starts for a half second roughly then dies... and wont turn over at all until the next day. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
If it's the timing idlers, I've got a garage, tools, and spare used idlers sitting on my workbench from last weekend when I just did the idlers on my car.

I've also got a truck, trailer and winch if you really need to move the car the hard way. But I'm not going to offer to tow it if it starts snowing, screw driving a trailer around in the snow/ice!

Also, I've got a spare MAF (in a box somewhere). It's got known intermittant issues (my car used to die randomly while running fine until I installed the new MAF) but if we install it and your car fires right up, we've proven that your MAF is in worse shape. (But if we install it and nothing happens, we haven't proven anything.)

I can probably get outta work right at 5pm today if you want some help!