View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Hi everyone! Fairly new here, just purchased a beautiful 96 LSi in Laguana Blue. I am the second owner, and with 74,000 miles, it was in good enough condition to sell at a Subaru dealer. Interior is mint, no rips in leather, cracks or scuffs whatsoever. Outside, the lights and grille need to be reconditioned as the are a little yellow, but not bad. The paint was in good condition for being 13 years old, the worst being the rear spoiler. It was thin in a few spots, and had the normal dings in the hood from rock chips. I saw another member that had good success at Maaco, and decided to get the spoiler painted. $275 to remove, paint, and reinstall. $1050 to paint the whole car with Dupont, 2 stage, their best job, including repainting all the wipers (surface rust) and sanding down the hood to bare metal to fix the dings. I talked him down to $900. It looks AWESOME! The SVX decals on the sides shattered upon removal, so I need to pick up a set of those. It could use a set of speakers, I hear a little valve tapping too. No transmission or bearing issues at this time. Still in 3 month bumper to bumper, so back it goes to check the engine noise and to have the front rotors cut, A GREAT RIDE!! My wife and I are hardcore Subaru people, we have an 06 Forester X Premium and 06 Outback L.L Bean. I attached a few photos, let me know what you think! You can see the other cars in the background. Thanks, Joel
Good find! Good luck with your new car! You should DEFINITELY come to the Reading meet in Morgantown in April!