View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
S5 = huge disappointment

Went out and test drove the new Audi S5 with a friend the other night. I have never been so disappointed in a car in my life. We went and test drove several cars including the new 370z, g37x, 335xi, and the new TL.
The TL was impressive. Great acceleration for being a relatively large and heavy sedan, the AWD was very decent the few times I pushed it hard through a corner, and the overall level, comfort, and roominess of the interior was quite nice.
The 335xi was a blast, hands down. Fit and finish was great, motor was great, handling was great...
The 370z, again like the 335, was a lot of fun. Light, quick, VERY tossable in the corners, and the seats were awesome.
The G37x was very disappointing. It only comes in automatic, and you can read a Churchill biography during upshifts. The rest of the car was nice though.
The S5 was the big disappointment of the evening. As a stationary vehicle it is gorgeous and sitting in it is quite nice too. However, driving it... It felt like a tank and drove like one. An underpowered tank at that too....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5