View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Harmonic Balancer/Pulley/Timing belt questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I got my 4.44 tranny from D&D. I got my rearend from Airport Auto Wreckers. The guys at D&D are awesome, they're both knowledgable and helpful. I wasn't at all impressed by he guys at Airport, not so much. I don't think either places have a complete SVX though.

As far as buying the idlers, I've got a great relationship w/ the parts people at Lithia after perpetually buying parts for the racecar and now the SVX so the do what they can to match online prices, so I buy most my stuff straight from the dealer. But I also use subaruparts.com as well.
Yeah Airport guys were complete asses when I used to go there for toyota truck parts.... they horde all the salvage toyota trucks and charge exorbinate prices for used parts. Plus the guys there have attitudes, most shops know not to deal with them. I can deal with the extra time for cheaper Pick n pull parts, if the car hasnt been raped already I actually found some great tools there some poor sap left in the back seat of a honda. I was at the new Carson one not too long ago for a wheel, it sits on a hill and its a lonnnng walk to the back 9, but the cars seem to be a bit fresher than Sparks.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.