View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 PM

Re: Security module Question

Hondasucks that sounds like an awesome idea, but i sure would hate to have to give up the stock SVX key FOB, I love the look of it.

I went to the junk yard today and got another security module. It cost me $35 bucks. Plugged it in, programed the remote and it works perfectly. now i just have to figure out how to get that glove box back together

Let me know what happens on that TSB oregondave. It sounds like a long shot, but you never know

I have a hypothesis, probably wrong, but nonetheless i have a one as to what the solid red security light means. I think it goes that way when the alarm system stops functioning, but the module will still accept signals from the FOB for locking and unlocking the doors. Although, you will be unable to program a transmitter should you have to. Thus, its just a matter of time once you have the solid light before you cant use your keyless entry.

My dads SVX's security light is solid but he still has use of his transmitter, but he has never had to program it. His car, however will never arm the alarm system. My SVX light was solid but I didn't get any transmitters with the car, and was not able to enter program mode on the module, therefor not able to program any transmitter to work. anyway these are the circumstances that lead me to my hypothesis. now its time to test.....