Old 01-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Clutch Binding, I know its been a problem :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldnwoody44 View Post
I have matching front tires but the rear tires are 2 different brands, the circumference is the same, but thats what was on the car when i bought it. the tread patterns in the rear arent exactly the same i dont believe. Do you think that the flush would be a good place to start? My mechanic said he flushed his mother in laws subby and that did the trick and its the cheapest way to start out. I havent had the car too long and i havent driven it much so im not sure the exact problems i may encounter
Same as Tom says above, it can't hurt to flush [but not power flush!] the system and replace the ATF. Like him I suspect it will still be binding after the oil change.

The 4 tires are meant to be and supposed to be EXACTLY the same. Even though you are non-mechanical it is unreasonable to be trying to shake down this problem while using unmatched tires on the rear.

Replace the two on the rear with the exact same as are on the front. Or buy 4 cheapos all the same.

Then, after all those tweaks, if you still have a problem, you will be tackling Solenoid C like the guys say.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl