View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Re: I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
I think you are mis-understanding Freeman's post. He hasn't been a member long enough to have dealt with all the mess long ago so I don't believe he's trying to start anything. Instead, I think, he was just expressing how much he enjoys this forum. It's not like we have a bunch out there for comparison.. So if he was going to compare to another.. there's only two. lol Just take it that he's simply saying that as websites go, he really enjoys this one (so much so that he never wants to leave it apparently ) and the other forum is just a different style, not suited to his taste.

If he was actually familiar with how the other forum got started, etc, then I doubt he would have made this thread to begin with (fearing it might start something again).

I will say, I too am glad this site has a white background because it blends in with my excel files perfectly.
I knew that he didn't mean his post to further that conversation. When I said I didn't mean to stir the pot I wasn't talking about that. Kinda more making sure I didn't come off like I was attacking him (Remember Larry's post about my posting style ).

I know alot of people love this forum (I'm one of them ), I just don't see how generalizing an entire forum makes his statements better than the people wanting to copy other peoples stuff.

I see that he was mostly showing how much he likes this forum, but I also see how he could have worded his post better and left some things out.

Dustin

Edit: Just to make it clear, my original post had nothing to do with the Budfreak vs. SVXWN fiasco.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company