View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Your $100,000 car collection

Fantasy Scenario #2

Today I'm giving you $100,000 to go out and purchase a car collection for yourself! You can define your collection however you want, one exotic worth the full $100K, or maybe 25 SVXes worth $4K each. Whatever you buy, this is your collection and seperate from your daily driver. These are your garage queens to do with as you wish. However, I have some rules and guidelines since it's my money!

You must spend the $100K today - meaning today's street values for each of the cars. If you have links/screenshots of classified ads with pictures and prices, extra bonus!

You must take into account your current collection - if you already have "extra" cars that you don't really need, you must include their current street values as part of your $100K or give them up. At the end of the day, we are all going to have a $100K car collection, and 1 or 2 daily drivers, whatever they may be. If you are single, you can have 1 daily driver and maybe a work truck or something if it isn't anything special. If you are married, 2 daily drivers, and the possible work truck.

You can put some of the money towards modifications and/or restoration - just include it with the price of the car and describe it. IE "Subaru SVX with turbocharger and 6 speed Sti tranny - $20K"

Don't limit yourself based on insurance, license tabs, maintenance, or storage space. This is a fantasy scenario so assume none of those things are factors.

Pictures, pictures, pictures! Especially the obscure and unique stuff. As mentioned before, if you can actually get a screenshot in of an autotrader ad or something showing the picture and selling price, bonus!

Looking forward to seeing some great ideas here!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 01-27-2009 at 01:12 PM.