View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Re: SVX Front Lip Group Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman
It's really hard to tell what it would look like with paint.. I'd probably end up filling most of the cracks so it wouldn't look aftermarket but it looks amazing thus far.. You going to bolt it on and paint it before selling or should we just go by whats in the picture?
What you see is what you get my friend. I wanted to create a simple piece that can be painted and bolted on, without the hassle of waiting 6 months for a full bumper you paid 120,000 yen for. I wanted it to be removable so perhaps if you decided you didn't like the look of it, or needed it repaired,or thought perhaps it'd fly like a boomerang, it could be taken off. the seam between the lip and the bumper is very minor. I'm quite particular about those things, and there's a good reason i've re-designed the lip twice over

The original prototype was on my car for several months. It did clear standard curbs and parking stops, and the entire time it was on my car i scraped it ONCE. No damages whatsoever. The dimensions of what I have here are very close to the same

I chose to make it out of fiberglass because it's something i'm familiar with using , and it can be repaired easily if you ever do have an incident with a curb. I have found a source for urethane and kevlar cloth (If I were to go rubber this is what i'd use) and yes, even carbon fiber. But I don't feel comfortable using these materials because of my lack of experience with them, and putting the total costs above what most people are willing to pay
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten