View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Registered SVX
Re: 1995 Green L AWD with only 65K miles in NY

Thanks for the interest. It's very diffucult to price this type of car. As we all know, it really depends on how much someone is willing to pay for a car that is as rare as ours and in decent condition. I have loved the SVX since it first appeared in 1992, but couldn't afford it then. And when I was finally able to get one, I searched high and low for a well-kept used one. And this is now my 2nd SVX already. For the first one, I flew out to Kansas City and drove it back to the east coast. And then this second one I found in Cincinnati with only 32K miles on it. I would love to find a new owner that is as passionate about the SVX as I am.

So, that being said, I was thinking of a price target around $6500. If you guys tell me that's absurd, I am willing to negotiate. However, I am still even considering just holding on to it, but it really kills me to think the abuse it will get by not being in a garage here in NYC.

Also, what value would you put on the car if I actually did perform all the preventive maintenance now to ensure that the new owner will not have any severe problems? For example: replacing the timing belt, water pump, camshaft seals, oil pump seals, valve cover gasket, head gasket, etc.

You can also ping LarryIII, since he has met me and saw my car at a Subaru show he and I attended in 2005. (See his thread "General SVX Babble/White Album, post #22: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ler#post340805)

Best regards,
Rad