View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Murderers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Maybe I'm a bit naive in the matter, but I believe that Hamas is guilty of using civilians as shields.

It makes logical sense - if you're outgunned, make the enemy look bad and you have footing to stand on. Otherwise, you're standing on shaky ground.

I think the death of innocents is terrible, but Hamas knew this was going to happen when they starting provoking the Israeli army into fighting. That doesn't excuse the death of innocent people, but Hamas brought this on themselves.
Probably for the first time--I fully agree with you. Included in the use of civilians for shields is the location of ammo depots, supply depots and military headquarters in schools, mosques and sometimes even hospitals.

And it is fairly obvious that the Hamas leadership will be targeted, so there will be civilian casualties involved even if only members of their families.

Don't fire rockets or take any other direct action against Israel such as suicide bombings and very magically there won't be any casualties on Palestinian or other Muslim territories.

If Lebanon is not careful they will be again brought into this by allowing rockets and mortars to be fired INTO ISRAELI CIVILIAN AREAS.

Its very strange that I NEVER see the blasting headline like this "MURDERERS!!" when Muslims kill innocent civilians in terrorist attacks.

I didn't see it in the recent attacks in India.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE