View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: Security Systems?

Zandar, to completely dismiss the use and benefits of automotive security systems seems a bit rash and ignorant, in my opinion. Although, I do see where you are coming from, probably in the mindset, if someone really wants to steal your car, no security system is going to deter them. At the very least its worth a discussion as to the advantages and disadvantages of competing systems out today. Also, if simply relying on your insurance company, that's the wrong way to go about it. These cars are so rare and undervalued compounded with the high replacement cost of parts, the insurance company would more than likely total the car and then you would be really out of luck.

But having said that, I do think a security system would be beneifical, if for nothing else having the piece of mind that your vehicle has some sort of protection.

The stock system doesn't offer much security in terms of today's security system offerings. From what I can tell, other than keyless entry and an alarm there are no other security features offered by the stock system. Whereas all the other security system companies, previously mentioned, offer the same features and in addition, provide 2 way communication (meaning the vehicle notifies the owner of any sort of intrusion), failsafe starter kill, and other features of which I am still researching.

Last edited by SVXMAN2001; 12-31-2008 at 10:27 AM.