View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: SVX Straight line performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Funny you should bring that up, Ben. I'm thinking that it won't take much to make the SVreX street legal (I actually have the title for it!). Just got a "worked" valve body from NeedforSpeed, so I'm thinking the 'reX is the car to take the NA/auto 1/4 mile time record away from BudFreak
-Bill
p.s. what, exactly, do you think RacerX wouldn't comply with for FP? (too lazy right now to check the SCCA rule book)
Street legal is a joke as there is nothing on our car aside from the lack of seatbelts, no lightbulbs and non dot tires that isn't street legal. Emissions it wouldn't pass as it doesn't have the factory cats on it but of course that is a $500 pay your annual waiver fee. There are plenty of street legal SVXi out there that wouldn't pay our version PAs emissions and annual inspection. Good you have the title as you'll need it.

As for not being FP I listed a few for ya, however you're confusing yourself even more, FP be Solo 2, not solo 1. Solo 1 is a whole different classing and rule system. The Solo 1 rule book was like a 150 page download just for the car classes and rules! Chipping, remapping and getto size wheels and tires are left too the street classes. Remember we will be running a 4 speed manual dictated by the rules not allowing for more gears than was OEM.