Thread: Quiet
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 03:30 PM

Re: Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
My Outback has been unstoppable...
Second that.

We bought our Outback eight years ago. In all that time, the car has only briefly seen snow; once on a trip to Leavenworth when I had to take to the side streets to find some snow on the road surface and once or twice to drive in a bit of snow from Mary Avenue to 15th Street... which was gone by the time I returned. This week, finally, we have the conditions which we had in mind when we bought it, and the car has earned its stripes. Not only getting me around to everywhere I needed to be but also ferrying friends and doing grocery runs for my mother.

Last night, bringing a friend home from work, I turned off Aurora, heading west up the 105th hill. Because of the 6-block backup of cars waiting for the light at Greenwood, I took to the side streets and aimed the Trusty Outback up the hill on a snowy side street packed down by other cars and frozen for several days. I have wondered at times this week which situation I might put the car into that would finally result in it spinning all four wheels helplessly, but it has delivered the goods, every time.

I aimed its nose up the hill and the all wheel drive performed again, just as advertised.