View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Network Design Administrator

Re: Waterfall Grill Add on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post

I wish I had that talent! If I could mold plastic professionally, I'd concentrate on making new headlight covers out of a non-yellowing plastic and then form all new dash pieces with a more realistic wood grain.

I bought this grill a few years back but never unwrapped it... just stored it for a rainy day. Well I took my original lights to be professionally sanded/painted and when I was putting on my spares.. I noticed this grill having this clip-on. It's definitely some factory piece because I realized the grill holes that this plastic clips inside of were intentionally made different to hold it (they are present even on my 93 grill).

It just seems like the silliest thing to make because I would think it's restricting airflow to the radiator... so I wonder, when would you need this?
In colder climates something like this would allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature faster, or even at all.

I'm sure you have seen those covers on some larger trucks in the colder climates.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.