View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Re: Does the SVX have Snap Oversteer?

Bill and Tom sound dead on with the rolling problem. Too wide a tires and an un-even surface/shift of altitude in a road surface, that's a different story.

I believe the original poster is thinking snap-oversteer as the wrong thing... the fact of the matter is unless the car is RWD you're not going to get snap oversteer. Snap-oversteer is referring to the car all of a sudden spinning out while in a slide that is seemingly stable. It happens in MR cars alot, and older RX-7's are also notorious for it.

With the SVX not being RWD it's just about impossible for it to develop snap-oversteer. It would seem the majority of posters on this thread believe snap overtsteer to really be snap "understeer"... that is the car is starting to slide out, and then all of a sudden catches itself, and throws the weight the other way... like on a motorcycle for instance. This could cause it to roll. Snap oversteer makes you spin out... the car wouldn't roll.

I've been heavy into the drift world the last few months, so I feel this is one of the few topics I can really weigh in at the moment on.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap