View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: EM Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
"Honestly, I am at a loss for words. "

I don't believe it, give it a go Tom, you can do it.

What is it, that you notice the most difference in?

Harvey.
Well, first off, the user interface is VERY friendly, so making appropriate changes are relatively simple. It still requires intelligence of what is needed though.

The results for my car thus far are limited to what I felt, it was raining like hell and I didn't take my eyes off the road for very long. Acceleration is smooth for the first time, granted it is still on the rich side for an AFR. Timing is actually pretty high under full load. 23-29*btdc at 9psi from 4500-7000 rpm yet didn't get a single hint of knock (audible or from the sensors). The car pulls like a freight train, and there is more to get out of it still. Timing doesn't magically drop off, and the fuel that I have always wanted is now there.

Now this is a personal conjecture but I feel the fuel was my main problem with the ECUtune Roms. It never seemed to have enough on tip-in and thus tossed the whole rev range out. I paid specific attention to tip-in enrichment and have it set to what I believe is a perfect level. Thus paving the way for a smooth torque curve and constant acceleration.

So in short, I couldn't be happier with the investment of $ and time. Totally worth it. Now I need to book some dyno time to see what kind of power it will actually make dialed in properly.

Tom