View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:54 AM

Registered SVX
Re: HID kits on the cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
Sorry to come off like such a jerk on this thread. I shouldn't type mad. With that in mind I feel I've reached an amenable arrangement with a positive outcome. Today I removed the one working HID and installed a set of HELLA high performance "xenon look" halogens. They don't look blue, but that's all right. 'Cause they crank! I left the HID in and installed one HELLA first and drove it round the block. The light was pretty even on both sides. I took some phone pics with one of each in, and the HELLA on the passenger (camera left) side seems the brighter of the two. Pics attached. They cost $55 from AutoZone, and matched OEM wiring perfectly.

So DDM emailed me a return shipping slip and I'll send the whole kit back tomorrow. They've already refunded the 2 day shipping agreeing that 2 1/2 weeks is slow to ship the first set. They have not refunded the $30 deposit I placed on the replacement bulb they couldn't deliver or the $74 initial purchase until they receive their parts back. I spoke with their manager to arrange this after being passed between two very rude and incompetent phone jockeys. But the manager was good, I feel like a A-Hole for how I talked to him, but I was enraged by that point. I wouldn't recommend doing business with this company (they still don't have any 9005/9006s and it may be a while), but I also see that mine is a one in a million case for them. A lot of little things went bad with my order, and their service staff leaves much to be desired. I'm glad everyone is so happy with their lights, I liked the one I had with it's cool blue light and no dark spot in the center of the beam. But HELLA is a name I know, with performance that's known, and I can buy them from someone I know.

Rant off... I promise.
Do you have any comparison pics of the HID and Hella bulbs against a wall or garage door?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3