Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Interesting times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
Obama impresses me as being the most together politician I have seen in a long time. Getting himself elected was a colossal achievement, and he didn't even have a daddy to buy Illinois for him (look it up).
This is something I find impressive also, and being from outside I don't carry the baggage of allegiance to any party.

He actually had to win two presidential elections; he had a major job to push Ms Clinton aside, then he had to go on and beat McCain.

I still see McCain as a good candidate, and the campaign mistakes that were made were by the party, not the candidate. They relied too much on core support, not recognising in time this was a whole new demographic ballgame. Selecting Palin was a mistake. Joe the Plumber might have been a better running mate. At least he would have diverted less attention from the Candidate and the core issues, onces his taxes were brought up to date.

Sorting the economic issues will require a lot of smart people, no matter who attained the White House. Obama may not have long experience on his side, but at least he has shown he has the balls to buck the status quo and he has strategic vision. That's why I think it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl