View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: Congrats Democrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
No and No. Why does everyone fail to see that it wasnt bush alone who cluster f*cked us. Look back and see what bills passed by former presidents are coming up to bight us in the ass. Nah its easier to point the figure at the current one. People do no realize what they have elected into office. Tom I'm on the same level as you. Want to bet he won because majority of african americans who voted for him only did so because of his skin color. Ask a group of voters on what Obama's policies are and I bet they can't answer. I was amazed speaking to fellow coworkers who couldnt tell me Obama's stances on anything but were voting for him.
Did you notice where Subi59 lives? Canada! I believe he is much more qualified to speak for Canada than any of the rest of us. Don't listen to the Republican BS in this regard.

And I agree with another post that said that the whites that voted against Obama because he is black pretty much balance out those blacks that voted for him simply because he was black. Were there a bunch in both arenas? You bet. But interestingly enough, here in Winchester, VA, the town went Democratic in the national election for the first time since 1962 - all "local" Republicans won. And look at the states that were previously Republican that went Democratic. And 52% of the popular vote says a lot - people were fed up with what this country has become in the last eight years. Take personalities out of the picture all together. Would you put the party that has us in the current mess back in office?
Another view as well: What If
What if...
Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin, what if things were switched around?.....think about it.

Would the country's collective point of view be different?

Ponder the following:

What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage, including a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?

What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?

What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?

What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?

What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer distribution?

What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they are?

Educational Background:

Barack Obama:

Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.

Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Joseph Biden:

University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.

Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

John McCain:

United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin:

Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester

North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study

University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism

Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester

University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."