View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
Re: Opinoins on good laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
I guess both of you are rich. Us normal college students can't afford $2000 macs. You pay a lot of money for overpriced equipment that is not upgradeable and has severe compatibility issues outside of Office and internet browsers.

I'd take a copy of XP SP3 Pro over Mac every day. I can upgrade any piece of hardware anytime I feel like it and be guaranteed that my files will work with 90% of the machines in today's world. Not to mention, I can do all that for 300 bucks with a EEE PC.

first the macbook is $1000.
a macbook pro is just as upgradeable as any other laptop ie ram and hd
there are no severe compatibility issues. sorry i use both, my files work all the time
the only major software that is unavailable for osx is access and auto cad
as for your files working 100% have you ever tried to open a office 2003 file in office 2007 on windows. try it and let me know how compatible it is

so you can upgrade any piece of hardware on a eee pc even the video card
amazing. too bad is slower than my 4 year old powerbook, that i paid $350 for last year

just so you all know i work as a system admin in a windows only environment. at home have both a home built gaming computer running xp and a g4 powerbook running 10.5. i use both os's on a daily basis and osx is leaps and bounds more stable