View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Registered SVX
Re: ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
McCain's not the one blaming everything on the war and promising to run away. It's called hipocracy. Apprerently it hit you in the forehead. Sorry.
Let's see what hypocrisy is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Hypocrisy (or the state of being a hypocrite) is the act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, an adult telling children not to smoke cigarettes, even though the adult smokes. Hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in many contexts.
I just don't see how "blaming everything on war" contradicts to "proceeding with a war already started". When you get into a fight, you can't just pull out of it and say you're done. See here. Note that Gov. Palin also made similar remarks. That is, both presidential candidates agree that crossing the border may be necessary as a tactical decision.

Now that it is more or less acknowledged that Georgia started the fight in Caucasus region, it's ironic to hear such statements from the very same people who tell Russia that it should not have crossed Georgian border when it responded to the massacre by Georgian troops. That's where hypocrisy is, IMHO...

P.S. I don't support either candidate. None of them professes any change...