View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. My first trip to the Pro Finale & Solo Nats was rough.

The entire Finale was rainy (3" fell on the first day alone). This was a pic I took on my camera phone of my car in grid:

I'm horrible at driving in the wet, so it was a give-away event for me (finished 10th of 10 in class).

At solo nats, I spun on my first run - my confidence in the grip of the "sandy" surface plummeted and I drove too conservatively from there on out. My co-driver felt he drove *okay* out there and finished 18th out of 35 drivers. I was back in 34th place. I've been driving within 2-3 tenths of him in the months leading up to Nats - it definitely was dissapointing.

Here's a pic of me in action @ Nats:

And the man himself, Mr. Isley:

Over the winter I'll switch to the Mazdaspeed FSB and get a new alignment in the spring - hopefully the car will perform a little better in slaloms and fast transitions. Otherwise, she did great out there and it would be nice if my driving could have matched.

I'll be back next year with a little more experience under my belt...and hopefully a little more speed as well.

Complete results for Nationals can be viewed here: http://sccaforums.com/forums/storage...nedResults.pdf

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)