View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: The end is near!

All I know is that as I (along with everyone else) am now being stuck with a titanic sized boatload of poo, I want to see people go to jail. Even if they can't be convicted I want to see Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Obama, former CEO's at the very least have to take a perp walk and get humiliated. These congressmen that were conducting the questioning today and who we are relying on to "fix" the problem, THEY should be the ones under investigation. You have politicians taking HUGE amounts of money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (Obama and Frank being the two largest recipients) while others pass legislation making it harder for banks to turn people away for mortgages due to what could be interpreted by some two-bit lawyer as "discriminatory practices".

We are now expecting these people to save us? We do need a cortisone shot of liquidity in the market, but we also need to separate the corporate wheat from the chaff and then just let the chaff burn.

P.S. I know I singled out Democrats only in the above statement, but do not take that as a sign that I believe that they are the only ones at fault. PLENTY of Republicans are at fault as well....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5