View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
This is far more interesting than politics.

Evolution is NOT a theory of abiogenesis, evolution DOES NOT disrupt ID creation uh... myths. It does call a few facts into question, sure, like the age of the world, but evolution and even scientific abiogensis theories can coexist with an intelligent design... belief.

Nobody here came from pond scum, or a rock. Life is the result of the affinities between proteins and amino acids, that has been proven. Everyone came from their parents who was a lot like you, but slightly different. Selection and adaptation and mutation is constant. Evolution has been witnessed and more or less proven. If you want to believe there is an unseen "hand" aiding these processes, go ahead.
Science has undergone many revolutions, why not religion? Why cling to a system written by people with no sense of scale who would think a lightbulb is magic?

I know this is hard to swallow, but my belief is life is a random occurrence, though I also believe the world is "designed" to support it, and I doubt it is uncommon in the universe. What is the point of the universe if not for life, I say.

Anyway, here is something fun to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcAq9bmCeR0

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.