View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Yet Another Spark Plug Question

This afternoon I started the process of changing the plugs for the first time. I started on the 2 front plugs on the passenger side because they looked the easiest. I got the air filter out of the way and disconnected the battery. Easy enough.

I removed the 2 coils but then realized my 5/8 socket wasnt long enough to remove the plug (I hadnt thought about that beforehand). So I put the coils back in, tightened up the bolts, basically put everything back together so I could go buy a 5/8 nut that would work.

I went to turn on the car to see if it would work and now it wants to start but just cant. When I turn the ignition, it sounds like the I have a dead battery (my interior lights and stereo work so the battery isnt dead) and then a second or two later I get a rapid clicking sound from the right side of the engine. I didnt touch any of the the plugs on the driver side or the rear one on the passenger side so it isnt those. I checked the coils and they are in great condition. No cracks or even really any wear.

Could it be that all I need to do is change the old plugs to the new ones and that will fix it or is it something else?

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? Thank you