View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: McCain picks Alaska's Govenor for VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
Are you bothered by NObama's 20 year association with Rev Wright? Or that NObama is a pupil of the 'Chicago political machine'? Or that Michelle is 'black first', not an 'american first'? Or Nobama has not held a job other than government funded positions, best of which (in my view) was 'community organizer' in South Chicago. It is reported that in the first election Nobama ran in in Chicago he had all the opponents removed from the ballet??????

An interesting 2+ months indeed.
If one really looks deeply into what Rev Wright said, then one knows what he meant when he said the "..chickens have come home to roost". The things this country has done in foreign countries in the past is, in my opinion, terrible and something we continue to be critical of other countries for doing. We can not / should not force our way of life on others. Iraq will never be truly democratic - not with what is within its borders now: too many factions.
Michell is NOT "black first". She, as well as many others (white included) have addressed the plight of the minorities - even the poor white. Sounds like you have bought into the Republican propaganda on a number of issues. But I say again, take the personalities out of the equation entirely and ask youself, "Am I better off now than I was in 2000"? Unless you are very well off financially, the answer has to be NO. I work at a food bank locally, and it is VERY telling. There are more people needing help these days and fewer that believe that they can help out. Our country is in a sad state presently. I would vote for Mickey Mouse come Nov rather than another Republican .....
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx