View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Re: The first accident on my Teal SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX View Post
Thank you. Her insurance is State Auto hopefully they're good company and I hope to meet a nice adjuster.

The more I look at my teal SVX now, the more I feel hurt. Yes, she caused the whole side damage of my car. And it was in good shape.

My rear quarter panel was first hit pretty deep and she was still reversing and dragged thru my driver side door and hit my front fender really deep again with different angle until her car was not be able to move. (my analysis)

Please tell me how would this happen???

I took a picture from where she began to reverse back and hit my car.

Sorry about your car.

I have seen this before. I bet she threw it into revers in place of drive, at the point of the dip or ditch she then panicked flooring the gas some more in place of the break peddle. When she struck your car she probably still kept her foot on the gas for a while till she ended up on your front wheel and bumper. If you ask me she should not be driving regardless of her age. It clearly shows that she is incapable of handling a vehicle during a situation that would require positive human intervention.

I believe the repairs will cost more than you think or is worth while for any insurance company unless you had an evaluation done on your car and registered it with your insurance. Especially the rear quarter like already mentioned. See what they will want to settle for and then see if you can discount the price by a couple of hundred bucks by keeping the car as a spare parts car (if you have the space). Argue that you will want to buy another and do not think you will find one as nice thus will use those parts to swap. Also that it will cost them further to pick up the car and transport it to the scarp yard. You can also part it out afterwards and make some more money back aside from your settlement. Then get yourself another.

Keep us posted.

Regards

Max