View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Close to another World War?

I notice you evade the question about whether or not you are a citizen or trying to become an American citizen. Like I said, that makes a big difference on how many of us perceive your comments. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech but questions national allegiance and loyalties.

Again, the Panama situation goes back much further than the explanation you quote. Why the Americans citizens were in Panama, our vested interest in the country and many other factors. And I do understand that the Georgia situation is not clear cut either and goes back a long ways and has changed many times over the last couple hundred years.

I have many problems with our news media as I have stated many times before if you have read many of my political posts. BUT--it is still the best and least controlled press in the world. I like to check multiple sources (including foreign sources) and don't depend on just one source for the truth. As most of us know--the press gets it wrong at first much of the time, but manages to get it right over time. As you know when it comes to internal issues and particularly political ones, I prefer a news agency that generally has reps from both sides of the issue on at the same time. The only one that does that consistently is FOX cable news. But, they are not the best for international coverage.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE