View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Close to another World War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilor View Post
Well, you missed it completely I am a Russian citizen. You probably forgot that this forum is not restricted to US citizens, it is called SVX World Network.
Are you trying or intending to become an American citizen?? That would make a difference in my books. If you are purely a Russian citizen here for short term work or visit--that is one thing, but trying to become an American citizen with your obvious distaste for American government and total misunderstanding of our mass media is another issue. And---your very obvious first allegiance to Russia is something totally different from what the vast majority of Americans expect from citizens or even prospective citizens.

I suspect that is what is bothering dromano, as it does me.

I admit that I don't have a lot of knowledge about Georgia or the current situation and have not stated an opinion one way or the other, but the situation there and the obvious Russian attempts to regain their previous world stature is very concerning. We have no designs on Russia and pose no threat to them as long as they allow countries around them to remain free and independent to follow there own selected courses.

I will say that you also have a very little understanding of things in this hemisphere, so we are even. Your previous remarks on the US and Panama reflect this lack of understanding.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE