View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:28 AM

Re: New Shift Kit Developed

I got my svx back Tuesday from the shop and went to test an tune last night,its a 1/4 mile track but again half of the track was shut down do to rain earlier that day.I did see a slight improvement after 2 passes one was 9.61 and the other was a 9.64 from 9.70s on stock heads,mph for the first was 73.16 an 72.89 mph on the second pass.I do have another product on my car that may have helped the slickshift.I am now running some E3 sparkplugs and compared to 6 other passes my highest mph was high 71s to 72 mph even.So the sparkplugs are doing a little something.I figure that I still can run a high 14,before I had a little cylinder head work done and was powerbraking at 3000rpm with dragradials,so cylinder head work does improve hp on our engines,nothing great say 15-20hp.Just mild porting and some mild decking .What was odd is that I just brake torqued the car around 1500rpms and still got 2.2 60fts.So between the slickshift,E3 plugs and I really don't think this works period ,I took some old knocksensors and fab up some 1/8" spacers and installed those under my sensors.Mustang owners swear by this trick.