View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Phil & Belha

Re: Memory dump of ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Looks interesting are you going to buy a unit?
I'm thinking of buying a copy of the software. But first I've emailed him asking for more information about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko View Post
Since EvoScan simply follows the SSM protocol, I doubt Hamish (EvoScan author) needed to see the guts of the SVX ECU. SSM I'm sure has a standard set of addresses it uses to read key operating parameters so it can work for any SSM-enabled Subaru.
No. The locations are not standard. They are different for each type of ECU. Either he had access to an SVX ECU, or our research, or maybe the locations have to be configured by the user of the software.
Quote:
What I'm curious about is the cable he sells for the SVX. I see that he sells a cable with a 9-pin plug. Is there a 9-pin SSM plug somewhere on the SVX?
Yes. The yellow SSM plug in the driver's kick panel. Our latest cable design works perfectly. I read somewhere that the cable he is selling is just an FTDI USB-TTL cable with a Legacy Radio Harness soldered on the end. Just like the one Nomake Wan was using. It will need the upgrade board in order to work on cars with the "92 problem".
Quote:
If you want to make the disassembly and ROM modification process easier and more accessible, I'm pretty sure that ECUFlash (free) can be used to read and modify the maps in the SVX ROM.
The whole goal of this project is to make it more accessible. ECUflash doesn't work on the older JECS OBD1 ECU like ours. It would be interesting to see if it would work on the newer OBD2 ECU. I've never had the chance to examine an OBD2 ECU.
Quote:
Is there a copy of a stock ROM file around somewhere, preferably a USDM one?
On my website. http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/roms/ There is also an definition file for Enginuity/RomRaider that might help make sense of it. The website is long overdue for an update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Does each of these cars have a different memory address for the engine parmentors?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genzzel View Post
Well--I am going to get a cable seeing how never got the other one I paid for--Thank the Lord someone is making one.
If I knew there was a demand I would have made some. I had two units for sale before and people didn't exactly snap them up.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 07-28-2008 at 09:27 AM.