View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 AM

Re: What would it take to go 4.44 back to stock?

The tranny has 119k on it, but so far for me has been flawless. For the last 5k or so it has had a smallcar shiftkit on it, but a year ago when I got the car the first thing I did was flush the tranny and fill it with Amsoil synthetic. However, previous owners' records had indicated regular filter and fluid changes. When I flushed the tranny at our shop, the fluid was rather clean, indicating a fairly healthy trans.

Even in my own experiences, Amsoil has proven itself time and time again on my own cars to give long life to notoriously "unreliable" trannies.

As far parts, yes all I'd really need is the rear-end, but now that I think about it, it would be nice to have a spare tranny as well. It would be nice to have your tranny as well as rear-end. That way, the shipping is basically even on both sides, and reimbursing and whatnot could more or less be over-looked.

Just let me know what you think. Either way is fine by me, and I'm not in a hurry whatsoever, but I was planning on swapping my tranny out this summer anyway to put in the 4.11. May as well go 4.44's while I'm at it, eh?

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 07-23-2008 at 11:24 AM.