View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Whats does this light mean on my JDM SVX dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
This was one of the first questions I asked when I joined the SVX club about 10 years ago.

It means "CENTRE DIFF LOCK". It is activated by inserting a fuse and is ONLY used for testing the transmission. It locks the VTD system into a 50:50 front:rear split. You may notice that your transmission binds up on tight corners.

You should not drive the car around with that light on or your transmission will be damaged. Find the fuse in the bottom right corner of the main fuse box and remove it.
Last time I drove the SVX, I experienced such thing mainly when the car is still cold. But I can still feel tho the transmission binding in tight corners.
But there is no light for that... let me remove the fuse anyways, where is it located?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.