View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 07:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
After my divorce 5 years ago, I didn't care much about what kind of car I drive, as long as it's decent enough and takes me from point A to point B . Since i can't afford a foreign car, I bought a Dodge Caravan. Until now, it runs so smooth and hardly have any troubles. After driving the minivan for about 2 years, I got tired of my brother telling me, I looked like a soccer mom in that minivan. It didn't really bother me that much until one day that I had to meet someone for a dinner and I didn't want to show up in a minivan... it wasn't too glamourous. So I asked my other younger brother if I could borrow his SVX. I didn't know much about this car before, except for it's weird windows. He never let anyone drive that car, but I begged to borrow it just for that one time. I didn't realize the special qualities of this car until I got inside it and took off. I said, WOW! I fell in love with this car instantly. I love the performance, the power and the uniqueness. I was amazed how it turned a lot of heads when I was driving it, and besides, some people told me I looked good in it, heh heh.....

One day, my brother came home with an Infiniti QX4 SUV. He traded his other car, BMW for it. He said he got too many speeding tickets because of the SVX, so he wanted to sell it even though he just bought new YOKOHAMA tires for it. I didn't want him to sell it to anybody else, so I bought it for $4,000 at 88k miles. I loved that car even before I owned it. I used to wash it for him and enjoyed every moment of it. Now, I'm SVXless temporarily because of some minor problems needed to be fixed. It's amazing how easy it is to spend money on this car while sacrificing my other needs. I guess, it's love...

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".