View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
My Ash Trays Stories

Now that is really funny and weird in the same time...

Before the SVX, I had an '87 BMW 325Ci (cabrio) which I bought from my cousin. Everything in that car was in perfect working condition except the ash tray. It was missing the upper folding part and I never thought of replacing it because I am a non smoker...

Replaced the BMW with the SVX, at that time it had around 22,000Kms on its ODO. The lower dash part of the driver side was a little loose and the ash tray was broken in two. The folding part had a broken ear... but I managed to glue it... but still feels not right...

Came to Qatar, bought the Nissan also with a very low mileage on its ODO... to my luck, the ash tray was also broken exactly the same as it was with the SVX. ... I decided to turn my luck the was around, so I ordered for it a Nismo Knob, a Rogue short shifter, Orange leather gearbox/handbrake booths and a BRAND NEW replacement ash tray.

Everything I got was ok except the ASH TRAY WHICH ARRIVED BROKEN AGAIN!!! ... It seems it got hit in shipping and the ear broke off... When I opened the box and saw it... just couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry... But GLUED it again same as the SVX.

NOW, I am buying a replacement ash tray for the SVX. If this one also arrives BROKEN... I am gonna go to JAPAN MYSELF, buy a DOZEN of ash trays for both my SVX and Z and bring them myself!!

Keeping fingers crossed!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.