View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
The short answer is yes, but I like to have fun with this garbage so let's break it down.

Quote:
HHO provides the atomic power of Hydrogen, while maintaining the stability of water.
Ehh, we're talking chemistry right? Generally the word atomic refers to some nuclear reaction.
Unless this is some magical fusion device, your just burning your hydrogen and that's a purely chemical reaction.

Also, not sure what they mean by stable, again, that would infer some type of nuclear decay goes on with hydrogen, or water, or HHO,
and it does not with any of the common isotopes.

Furthermore, Oxyhydrogen (HHO) is pretty expensive to make. You need to use electrolysis to break apart the water molecules. If I recall
correctly, that energy far exceeds what you might get from the combustion of the resultant compounds.

Quote:
Our easy conversion guide will show you how to use electricity from your car's battery to separate water into a gas called HHO (2 Hydrogen + 1 Oxygen). HHO, also called Brown's Gas or Hydroxy, burns smoothly and provides significant energy - while the end product is just H2O! HHO provides the atomic power of Hydrogen, while maintaining the stability of water.
So, your telling me, that starting with a mechanical force (your alternator), generated by combustion (your engine) converted to a chemical storage by means of a battery, and then going back electricity in that battery, and then into the tank or whatever for electrolysis to break up that water into another combustible gas, so you can burn it in your engine, your going to come out on top? Briefly NO. In fact, it's probabbly like 1% efficient.

Quote:
Works with plain tap water. No need for distilled water or special water additives!
Of course it does! I bet I can put diet sprite in there to!

It angers me that people fall for this crap and that knuckleheads try to sell it on you, it really does. Teach our kids the scientific method for cripes sake.