View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Wannarace,

Thanks for posting up the dyno charts. I have been reading this and staying quiet up to now. I have posted the same information in previous threads that you have. See the dyno chart from my SVX:

In this thread-->http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...Akit%2A&page=2

I have explained that I think the spike in lean air/fuel ratios could probably be eliminated if the shifts were super fast. Here is the thread that this info was posted in --->
Thread: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ht=Hydrosystem

Here's is what I said in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Who has had the Level 10 PTS Hydrosystem (Or valve body) job performed on their SVX? What is your experience with it? I am interested in knowing since I plan on doing this sooner than later.

I know there are other options but it would be nice to see if someone has taken this route already. I had it done with my Outback Sport and I love it.

This is what I am thinking it will do-->

1) It will shorten the shift time between shifts by allowing the clutch packs to engage quickly rather than slipping to engage. I believe this will eliminate or dramatically shorten the 'power-loss' phenomena that a lot of us have been talking about. I don't think you need to go inside the TCU in order to do this. The only reason why I say this is because my Outback Sport shifted similarly before having the hydrosystem done,

2) It will dramatically shorten or eliminate the lean air/fuel ratio condition between shifts. I believe the TCU is telling the ECU (I am going to shift) and the ECU cuts fuel to the engine. If the TCU says (I am going to.....) then Boom, the transmission is in the next gear, the ECU will have little to no time to cut fuel to the engine.

3) Forgot to add this (Adding on 10/22/07). The hp & torque in between shifts should jump up an additional between 50-70hp & lb-ft of torque. Should feel like someone turned on nitrous in between shifts for a split second. That would be cool! That would be a big difference than losing hp and torque like we currently do.

I am going to apologize to those this may have offended since a lot of work has gone into making firmer shifts from people here. I just wanted to voice my opinion on this even though I have less experience in the ins and outs of our tranny shift behavior.....

Thoughts!?!

I have experienced the same problem that you did with the shifting of the car to 4th gear before I had my valve body modified. If you look at my dyno graph, you'll notice that my car does not shift when yours did after you had your shift kit installed. My power simply kept going then dropped off. It would not shift into 4th gear.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Also wanted to thank you for confirming what I have been stating all along. That I believe you WILL eliminate the air/fuel ratio spike in between shifts with a shift kit. Trust me, your tranny should like it due to the reduced trans temps. If I had another SVX, this'd be one of the first mods no doubt. Send me a PM if you like to discuss further. You may be in an uphill battle trying to convince some people (No offense) that this is worth doing. I never got back on the dyno to prove what I thought it'd do to the air/fuel ratio. Again thanks!

Also, you have proven what I said about he torque/hp jump in between shifts. See my quote above. THANK YOU!!!! I love it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928 View Post
THIS IS THE AFTER DYNO RESULTS!

Video to go with the results:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...2eddyno004.flv

My car did considerably better on the dyno today. It actually shifted into 3ed this time. The guy that runs the dyno said he definately noticed it shifted a whole lot better.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 06-03-2008 at 12:53 PM.