View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Yes. I read that. But it is not a complete explanation. I was hoping that Harvey would provide some further clarification.

How does the QC knows when the change to the torque control and line pressure operation is needed. How does it know when a gear change is taking place, or about to take place? Where is the threshold of throttle position that causes the QC to activate?

What is the relationship between throttle pressure and the duty cycle applied by the QC? Does the QC actually apply an increase the pulse width, or just force the solenoid open with DC?
I am not asking WHAT it does, I am asking HOW it does it.
Phil,
Like you I am curious and have the exactly same thoughts as you regarding the method involved. However this stumbles because Harvey has mentioned that the torque control is normally used as a safety measure in reverse gear. Surely this is not done away with.

Importantly Harvey has stated that “The overall Line pressure is still controlled by the Throttle pressure through the dropping resistor circuit that has to be as normal.” This is not correct. The resistor circuit is not involved in the control of solenoid “A”. The increase in line pressure due to disconnecting the circuit is purely circumstantial.

Cheers, Trevor. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!