View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
No, what I said is that "the increase in power is due to the Average torque over Time" that the change takes place.

It is in the torque converters conversion, that the torque is increased but the power remains the same. As the torque is increased, the different speed between the two converters elements is increased. As with any mechanical advantage. But what you say in your post is basically right.

Harvey.
"the increase in power is due to the Average torque over Time" is rather a confusing statement. I now realise that probably what is meant is that, the increase in power is due to the increase in what was the previous normal torque, over Time"

Horse power is a measure of work accomplished. Torque is a measure of a static force. Once torque moves something, HP is developed and can be measured. In the situation being discussed, an increase in torque therefore clearly results in an increase in HP.

Therefore the power does not remain the same as you have claimed. However this is a matter of getting ones head around what are rather confusing facts, and does not affect the issue.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!