View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

June 1st it is.

The bar-b-que is set for Sunday, June 1st with a start time of about noon. The address is 4742 Fairbridge Drive, Duncan. PM me if you need directions.

I thought we could meet, have a quick lunch (I'll make sandwiches), wash some cars if you want and take a few pictures. Maybe a drive through part of the Cowichan Valley about 2:00 would be a good idea. It’s a nice drive through Cowichan Bay, Crofton, Chemainus and Saltaire. Then back home for the bar-b-que.

There’s a large grassy area for kids to play baseball or whatever, and a 15-foot (diameter) 3-foot deep above-ground pool for kids to splash around in. If it starts to rain, we can still stay dry under a large gazebo.

I’ll supply the steaks, orzo and my wife’s barley dish. Let me know if you’d prefer burgers. I’ll also have cold soft drinks and a cold beer or two for those not driving. Maybe people coming could bring salads and desserts?

If you’d like to come, please chime in here and tell me how many people you’re bringing so I’ll know how many steaks to buy.